ABOUT .AFL File Extension License:
Dear Laminar Research, I'm a young developer making an airfoil import export software for my App game. I wish more interaction between software. And the extension ".AFL" is simple and nice to use for airfoil wind tunnel plot data. The extension ".afl" is used by X-Plane and used by the Adobe for Font Metrics (AFM) software. It can be nice if we can use it as a standard exchange file format. I know how to import and export this extension. But my questions are:
- Can I export plot data from my App software into .afl? Am I allowed to create .afl files?
- Can I import into my App software a .afl file? Am I allowed to read .afl files?
- Is X-Plane proprietary of this airfoil format?
- What kind of licence is it?
- Or a better question is: Can I make an App software application that writes export and reads import X-Plane ".afl" file format for a better exchange of information between game software?
- Do I need to pay some kind of licence to X-Plane? (or if you know else)
Thank Austin Meyer and all your team for so awesome product,