This site is being deprecated.

Please see the official X‑Plane Support page for help.

0 votes
asked by (46 points)
I cannot find an option to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse yoke... Does anyone know how?


1 Answer

0 votes
answered by (19.3k points)

To modify the joystick’s sensitivity, press the Control Response button at the bottom of the Joystick settings screen. The three sliders in this window control the response curves for the pitch, roll, and yaw axes of the joystick.

If these sliders are set all the way to the left, the aircraft’s response to that axis’ input will be completely linear. This means that a 50% deflection of the joystick will deflect the airplane’s flight controls 50% of their travel. As these sliders are moved to the right the response becomes curved. In this case, a deflection of the joystick from center to its halfway point may only deflect the aircraft’s controls by 10%. This will dampen any aircraft movements and desensitize the user’s controls. Keep in mind, however, that in this case, the remaining 90% of the control surface deflection must take place in the last 50% of joystick movement. Thus, the controls will be dampened for the first half or so of their travel and then become hyper-sensitive for the remainder of their throw. This gives the user plenty of fine-tune control near the center of the flight control envelope to hold altitude and roll precisely, but still allows for full control authority at the extremes.

Try flying with the sliders in various different positions to see what setting works best.

commented by (46 points)
Thanks for your response. Whenever I clicked on the joystick tab, I would see a message that no controllers were connected... So I never bothered to click the Control Response button.

I will play around with the variability of the mouse yoke to see if I can dampen things out a bit... Thanks again!
commented by (31 points)
ok where can i find the mouse config tab