This site is being deprecated.
Please see the official X‑Plane Support page for help.
As easily as I can explain it can be seen in these 5 snapshots.
1) open the file flight plan window by hitting "enter" on your keyboard.
2) enter the airport code where your plane currently is sitting, the requested altitude, and the arrival airport; along with any waypoints you have decided on.
3) On the "special" tab, open "toggle nearby controllers" to get the needed frequencies.
4) hit "enter" or click on the button for clearance on the ATC window.
5) Make sure you "squak" the proper code, or else ATC will keep asking for it over and over.
Hope this helps, and I hope the screenshots are helpful.
Thank you very much. Meanwhile I could find also a helpful video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrPuHIt8DX0
I understood, that it is necessary to call the right frequency on atc and that you have to do the things in the right order AND always read back transmissions, right? But now I have this:
1. Positioned the plane right on the beginning of the runway
2. File a flight plan from EDDL to EDDF
3. Request Clearence from ATC
4. Received answer "a gate hold is in effectice for a runway change. Please stand by." (Screenshot)
5. Readback Transmission "We'll sit tight - C-FXCK"
And than.....nothing...... No new command, no clearance, no squak.... any idea? What do I have to do next? And is it possible to start the process on the runway, without taxiing?
This site is no longer being actively maintained.